15 May 2008

2008 Upfronts (part three)

CBS got its day in the sun today, as it made its grand unveiling. Here are their shows that just didn't have high enough numbers:

Cane
Jericho
Kid Nation
Moonlight
Power of 10
Shark
Viva Laughlin
Welcome to The Captain

I don't think many were surprised to see these shows go, especially both Viva Laughlin (which had its swan song some time ago) and Moonlight (which just didn't have much bite).

This year is interestinger* than most, as the Writer's Strike ended up giving longer lives to more ongoing shows than what is usually renewed. This occurred simply as a side-effect of not having enough new shows written and prepared by Pilot Season.
*Neither a typo, nor a real word – I'm just that cool.

(Pilot Season is the period from mid-March to early May where pilot shows are shopped around to various networks. Using my football analogy again, this would be akin to the NFL Scouting Combine. Sadly, I am not invited to these delicious but clandestine goings-on.)

Don't forget to check back with me tomorrow night as I reveal which FOX shows got the axe!

-TTVB-

No comments: