12 June 2008

2008 Upfronts (part five)

You may have noticed that I have been standing here staring at The CW abyss for twenty-seven days. If it were entirely up to me, I suppose that it would be even longer. However, my shrink says that I need to either tackle this fear or give up television forever.

Abandon my telly? NEVER!

So let us now see which shows were so dreadful that even The CW sent them to visit the reaper:

Aliens in America
Beauty and the Geek
Crowned: The Mother of All Pageants
CW Now
Farmer Wants a Wife
Girlfriends
Life Is Wild
Online Nation
Pussycat Dolls Present
WWE Friday Night SmackDown

Yeah. That makes sense.

(Of course, if they dumped all their shows, that would make sense too.)

Shockingly, MyNetworkTV – an even more obscure network than The CW – is picking up WWE Friday Night SmackDown (which wrestled with poor ratings in key demographics), whereas Beauty and the Geek (which doesn't exactly hang with the popular crowd) is being picked up by... no one.

Most interesting, though, was that of all the networks, The CW had the fewest returning shows. This seems to be a result of their effort to reinvent themselves (yet again), setting their sights squarely on the Generation Y crowd.

Speaking of targeting viewers, soon we will be visiting all the newly announced network shows, with me spilling my initial thoughts of these unaired network gambits. But before I do that, I first want to discuss returning shows. Next blog. Right here.

-TTVB-

No comments: